Windows look broken when enlarged

Hello there.

Just realized today that when I switched to F36 from Debian 11 Gnome, I restored my home folder in all it’s totality from y cloud backup.

So I reninstalled Fedora (to avoid any future issues, if the issue was in planting all the configs form debian times into fedora).

Now all snapshots are working and I have an acutal fresh start. :smiley:

if the config issue was caused by the /home from debian, it seems likely that simply moving ~/.config to ~/.config.sav then logging out and back in would have the same effect. It removes all the configs from the earlier OS and should give a new start.

There are also certain other (dot) files in the user home directory that may be affecting some apps as well.

1 Like

Thank you checking in. Yes, my actual knowledge on home directory is quite limited, as this issue has proved. Thus did nuke-and-pave to ensure that I won’t be left searching for those dot-files which still may cause issues or maybe something in .local/share/

Will know for the future to experiment with mv .config .config.sav. Am I correct in terms of what you are referring to (no -ror anything)? @computersavvy

The ‘mv’ command does a rename and does not use the ‘-r’.

If you were doing a delete of a directory using the ‘rm’ command then the ‘-r’ would be needed to recursively delete that directory and everything below it.