Will Spins like XFCE, LXdt, and i3 be removed or affected in anyway when Fedora gets rid of Xorg?

I have compatibility issues with my 1030 NVIDIA card under Wayland. So I’m wondering if I should move to another distro that stills fully supports X by default or if it’s still fine to use Spins that’s not reliant on Wayland even after Fedora removes Xorg?

There’s currently no timetable for this that I am aware of . . .

There’s layers to the problems here, Xwayland will continue on as a fall back for applications that require Xorg to work. Xorg will be deprecated soon, The developers of Xorg are the Wayland Devs. Xwayland being a fallback has worked well and will continue to do so for those applications needing support. i3WM has a Wayland replacement called Sway.

Sway is a tiling Wayland compositor and a drop-in 
replacement for the i3 window manager for X11. 
It works with your existing i3 configuration and 
supports most of i3's features, plus a few extras. 

XFCE has a Wayland roadmap as well. For LXDE there seems to be some :thinking: movement :person_shrugging:t5: ?

Searching for LXDE brought me some container queries . . . Which reminds me that I should probably get back to working on my project while I still have time today and get off of the forum! I’m building containers for testing experimental browsers in a sandbox environment, but have run into a jam of sorts with selinux and podman Run Browser toolbox container with different SELinux Context : A Thread ✍🏾! . . . :upside_down_face:

I am not sure fedora has set a time for removing xorg support. So far xorg is fully supported and wayland is continually improving support with the nvidia drivers.

The biggest problems I have noted with nvidia is the lack of good support with the nouveau drivers for newer GPUs. Since nouveau is the driver included in Fedora it leaves the user needing to install the better (proprietary) nvidia driver.