Who is excited for the Fedora Asahi Remix release?

I suspect it will take another few months to iron out things, but that’s okay, it’s absolutely marvelous what has been achieved so far, and the highest respect to those involved in the development. Now that we can tie the best in class hardware with a stable linux OS (and I get my ctrl, fn, meta, alt without karabiner and 53 limitations that make it a partial solution) there’s no longer compromises to be made (shit OS - mac) or compromising hardware (even XPS, System76, Framework as good as they are don’t meet the level of a macbook).

I’m looking forward to 5ghz co-existence with bluetooth and stable resume/suspend including wifi, really there’s not much else for me on the hardware size, ah maybe the fingerprint reader too… but it’s not a biggie.

Ah an Asahi stickers would be nice too so I don’t get mistaken for a mac user, don’t get me wrong, I’m not sporting a livestrong bracelet, ponytail, re-usable straw, and portable standing desk, so maybe just covering the rear Apple logo will suffice…

That would be great, waiting for that before switching to Asahi

Hector, does this mean you’ve managed to get Widevine working on Asahi Linux Fedora Remix? If so, I wonder if you can outline the steps, please. (I’m new to Linux, but keen to learn.)

Widevine is working fine :slight_smile:
“dnf install widevine-installer”
run " widevine-installer" in terminal and change user agent in browser.

This user agent works:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS aarch64 15329.44.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Torleif, you are a bonafide genius. (And whoever else worked this out.) I doff my hat. Thank you.