It would be a while until the team gets to a position to be able to work on GetFedora and this arises an opportunity for the team to redirect their efforts into revamping/rebooting/refreshing other awesome sites and applications under the Fedora umbrella, in both functionality and appearance aspects. Here is a list of suggested projects (in no specific order) that the team can get started with almost immediately.
- Fedora ARM - https://arm.fedoraproject.org/
- Fedora Spins - https://spins.fedoraproject.org/
- Fedora Alternative Downloads - https://alt.fedoraproject.org/
- Fedora Community - http://fedoracommunity.org
- Flock To Fedora - https://flocktofedora.org/
- Fedora Labs - https://labs.fedoraproject.org/
- Fedora Mirrors - Home - MirrorManager
- Fedora Easyfix - Fedora Project easyfix
- Fedora Start - https://start.fedoraproject.org/
- Fedora People - https://fedorapeople.org/
Keeping in mind the size of the team working on this and an emphasis on a polished rework, it had been decided unanimously in the Fedora W&A Meeting on 22nd June '21 that only one of the aforesaid projects would be actively worked on by the team at any point in time. As a glimpse of the existing code might help in deciding which project the team would want to take on first, I went ahead and listed the repositories where the aforesaid projects are maintained.
- Fedora ARM - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
- Fedora Spins - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
- Fedora Alternative Downloads - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
- Fedora Community - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
- Flock To Fedora - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
- Fedora Labs - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
- Fedora Mirrors - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
- Fedora Easyfix - Overview - fedora-gather-easyfix - Pagure.io
- Fedora Start - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
- Fedora People - Overview - fedora-websites - Pagure.io
As much as it is important for the team to triage what they want to work on first based on the technical aspects and the feasibility/viability balance, it is just as important to know what preferences the community has regarding the websites - thus aiding the team to prioritize based on the usability and accessibility aspects. Please feel free to let the team know of your preference (and if possible, the reason behind it ).
Do note that this discussion topic would be kept open for suggestions and preferences until 29th June '21, which is when our next weekly W&A meet will take place as that is when the team would get started on working on the project suggested here. So which one is it going to be?