When will Fedora 39 be released? Is it ready to release or may it be delayed or postponed?

I am very exciting about federal 39 and I want to ask that when will Fedora 39 stable release will be in the way because today is the scheduled date which is October 17 2023 I want to ask that ora will release today or it’s date is in postponed to another date.

1 Like

Current target is Oct, 24th November 7th. See Fedora Linux 39 Schedule: Key

As long as there are releasing blocking bugs, it won’t be released, see Fedora 39 Final Blocker Bugs

3 Likes

That being said, you can use Fedora 39 (beta) today. Make sure you are not affected by the blocker bugs, or that there is a fix for them in updates-testing. You should probably enable that until the release (then disable, and possibly distro-sync) to get all the fixes for the latest vulnerabilities.

… and if this sounds like gibberish to you: Fedora 38 still works well and is getting the latest fixes without you needing to do anything special (just update as usual) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thankyou very much .

A little update: we’re having the go / no-go meeting for this week in about 40 minutes. It usually takes a while to go through the current situation and make a call. We’ll have an update later today.

1 Like