What is the primary device you use for this Forum?

• PC/Laptop
  • Tablet
  • Phone
0 voters

And what browser do you use on that device?

• Firefox
  • Firefox Variant (Librewolf, Torbrowser etc.)
  • Brave
  • Vivaldi
  • Chromium
  • Chromium Variant (ungoogled, Vanadium, Cromite, …)
  • Google Chrome
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Apple Safari
  • Falkon (KDE)
  • GNOME Web / Epiphany
  • Ladybird
  • other
0 voters

What Browsers do you use often, in general?

• Firefox
  • Firefox Variant (Librewolf, Torbrowser etc.)
  • Brave
  • Vivaldi
  • Chromium
  • Chromium Variant (ungoogled, Vanadium, Cromite, …)
  • Google Chrome
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Apple Safari
  • Falkon (KDE)
  • GNOME Web / Epiphany
  • Ladybird
  • other
0 voters

It might be added that there is a difference between the default Fedora firefox, as it is maintained through our packages and installed using dnf from our default repos, and the normal firefox, such as the one from flatpak, or the native one installed from the Mozilla tarball. So it might be interesting to differentiate :classic_smiley: Maybe even to differentiate between all three variants (fedora, flatpak, tarball/Mozilla), but I guess the later ain’t relevant here. But flatpak and default Fedora might be interesting :classic_smiley:

The difference lies in the configuration and embedding. The one manifest of the difference users sometimes experience is that our Fedora enforces cryptography of the current TLS 1.2 standard (there are indeed two TLS 1.2, from two different RFCs). If a page is identified to have the first (=obsoleted) TLS 1.2, our Firefox refuses for security reasons. If the page uses the updated/more-secure TLS 1.2, it will accept. The browser can identify what the webserver is using through the negotiated algorithms. The default firefox accepts even the initial/obsoleted TLS 1.2. I think it was or is planned to update the official Firefox the same way, but I don’t know if that already happened or not.

I use iPad, macOS and fedora about equally, that does work with your poll.