Weblate translation frequently initialize problem!

hello, everyone!

I am simmon and am involved in translation (korean localization).

In particular, I think fedora-docs-l10/old partial initialization happens too often. This is something that has happened with each distribution cycle over the past three years, and I am really worried about whether this kind of repetition is desirable.

There is little change in the general program part, but the change in the part related to the document is really big!

weblate translation initialization occurs too frequently!

This adds to the pointless tasks and causes them to take up too much time. This is a problem that recurs at the beginning of each release for the existing translation part, and I am worried about how to solve this problem.

by simmon

To reach correct groups, can you change;
ask Fedora to project discussion categories
add translation tag

Tag changed. Thanks anyway.

Have a fun!

ok. I will solve the problem myselfโ€ฆ thanksโ€ฆ!

by simmon

Moved from ask fedora to project discussion per suggestion by @hankuoffroad

Did not know which project team is managing the translations so I tagged it for the design team. Please move as needed.

1 Like

Tags in Fedora Chat/IRC for lozalization team ( #l10n) are not listed in DIscussion. translation is a tag in Discussion.

@simmon i forgot to tell you that my mother tongue is Korean :slight_smile:

1 Like

hankuoffroad@ thank you for your attention.

Have a nice day & Merry Christmas!

With every fedora release, I think that we continue to experience the translation old document(l10) being reset. I think the problem of correcting this process is not limited to Korean translation.

Nevertheless, it is clear that participation in this kind of translation will greatly contribute to smoother and more convenient use for fedora OS.

As the latest version of Fedora leads other operating systems, Iโ€™m sure that it will be reborn as an operating system that leads to further development.

์•ˆ๋…•ํ•˜์„ธ์š”. ๊น€์ธ์ˆ˜์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

๊ด€์‹ฌ์— ๊ฐ์‚ฌ๋“œ๋ฆฝ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋”ฐ๋œปํ•œ ์„ฑํƒ„, ๊ฑด๊ฐ•ํžˆ ๋ณด๋‚ด์„ธ์š”.

๋งค ๋ฐฐํฌํŒ ๋งˆ๋‹ค, L10 ๋ฒˆ์—ญ ๋ถ€๋ถ„์ด ์ดˆ๊ธฐํ™” ๋˜๋Š” ๋ถ€๋ถ„์€ ๊ณ„์† ๊ฒช๊ณ  ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ํ•ด๋‹น ๋ถ€๋ถ„์„ ๋ฐ”๋กœ ์žก๋Š” ๋ฌธ์ œ๋Š” ํ•œ๊ตญ์–ด๋งŒ ํ•ด๋‹น ๋˜๋Š” ๊ฒƒ์ด ์•„๋‹Œ ๊ฒƒ ๊ฐ™์•„์š”. ๊ทธ๋Ÿผ์—๋„ ๋ถˆ๊ตฌํ•˜๊ณ , ์ด๋Ÿฐ ๋ฒˆ์—ญ ์ฐธ์—ฌ์„ ํ†ตํ•ด ํŽ˜๋„๋ผ ์šด์˜์ฒด์ œ๋ฅผ ์œ„ํ•ด ๋ณด๋‹ค ๋งค๋„๋Ÿฝ๊ณ , ์‚ฌ์šฉ์ด ํŽธ๋ฆฌํ•œ ์‚ฌ์šฉ์— ๋งŽ์€ ๋„์›€์ด ๋˜๋ฆฌ๋ผ๋Š” ๊ฒƒ์€ ๋ช…ํ™•ํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

ํŽ˜๋„๋ผ์˜ ์ตœ์‹ ํ™” ๊ด€๋ จ ๋ถ€๋ถ„์€ ๋‹ค๋ฅธ ์šด์˜์ฒด์ œ๋ฅผ ์„ ๋„ํ•˜๋Š” ๋งŒํผ, ๋ณด๋‹ค ๋งŽ์€ ๋ฐœ์ „์„ ์ด๋„๋Š” ์šด์˜์ฒด์ œ๋กœ ๊ฑฐ๋“ญ๋‚˜๋ฆฌ๋ผ
ํ™•์‹ ํ•ด์š”.

Hello @simmon,

can you please join the Fedora localization room in the Fedora Chat that hank posted in his post? Or simply use any of the teams contact that suits you the best.

I would like to understand your problems and issues, but I am afraid I do not understand properly what you refer or mean by โ€œfedora-docs-l10/old partial initializationโ€; โ€œgeneral program partโ€ vs โ€œpart related to the documentโ€; โ€œweblate translation initialization occurs too frequentlyโ€ and โ€œwe continue to experience the translation old document(l10) being resetโ€.

Do you think is this issue relevant to yours?

1 Like

thanks @peartown

The Fedora translation(weblate) also includes recent F39 release and also past (F26-F38/rawhide) release docs record distributed so far. The weblate relevant to initialization for this translation are:

fedora-docs-l10n/fedora-system-administrat
fedora-docs-l10n/fedora-install-guide

There is some coverage outside of that area, but not much. If you are involved in translation, I think you have experienced having to re-work that are initialization and freezing.

If other language translations also involve previous distributions, initialization issues and rework due to repetition of those issues cannot be avoided.

written by simmon