We cannot play the video in this browser. Please try a different web browser

I’m a newb to Fedora. After installing, Firefox comes up the following message when trying to play video from many sites “We cannot play the video in this browser. Please try a different web browser.” I never had this problem with Mint and Firefox, or with Chrome. I desperately want to break from Chrome but this might be a deal breaker for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi reno232;

Probably you need install the private codecs, by default Fedora is not how anothers distro what coming with private codecs installed. (You need install them, but the way is easy how you can see in the link under)

Regards

4 Likes

Thank you. In my research I found that I needed to install FFMPEG. That did the trick.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, @reno232. I’ve moved your topic to the appropriate category now. The community category is for community related discussion.

If you haven’t had a chance yet, please do look at the introductory posts in the #start-here category. They include useful information, including the solution to the question you asked:

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/this-is-a-list-of-commonly-asked-questions/