VSCode not being found in Fedora 39 KDE

Hello, just got my fresh installation of Fedora 39 KDE, and I tried to download VSCode by following the exact requirements over here.

Then, the issue is that when I noticed the first time it didn’t work, I did it again :cold_sweat:

Now I am left with this in the DNF Cache

Can you guys help me understand what went wrong? This is my system:

Operating System: Fedora Linux 39
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.10
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.115.0
Qt Version: 5.15.12
Kernel Version: 6.7.4-200.fc39.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 32 × AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor
Memory: 30.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon Graphics
Manufacturer: ASRock
Product Name: B650M-HDV/M.2

Did you install it via Discover or did you run it from the command line? If you ran if from the command line, what was the final output? Also, did you install the stable release or the insiders release?

Sorry for the delay @alys , I installed it from the command line. The last line was

sudo dnf install code

But it did not do anything, it just gave an empty line after. Searching with dnf history list code does not yield any results either

If you run the commands code in a terminal, does it launch? If not try just running dnf repolist and see if it shows in the list. If that fails then do cat /etc/yum.repos.d/vscode.repo and see how the repo file looks and paste it here.

[Edit]
Sometimes you just need to log out of Plasma and back in for new items to show on the menu. I use VS Code with KDE and never had any issues. Just check Menu > Development > and Visual Studio Code would be towards the bottom of the list.

Yes, I used to have VSCode on KDE before as well, but in this new installation it doesn’t seem to work. I actually forgot if I had installed it through command line or via Discover, but I used it daily.

For the command code, this is my general dnf history list :

https://paste.centos.org/view/8d1aa609

And this is the result for code and dnf repolist:

alessio@fedora:~$ code
bash: code: command not found...
Install package 'code' to provide command 'code'? [N/y] N

alessio@fedora:~$ dnf repolist
repo id                                       repo name
brave-browser                                 Brave Browser
code                                          Visual Studio Code
fedora                                        Fedora 39 - x86_64
fedora-cisco-openh264                         Fedora 39 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64
updates                                       Fedora 39 - x86_64 - Updates

Really strange, it says it’s right there.

Well do dnf install -y code. It offered to install it for you there and you pressed “N” for no.

1 Like

Did it work? If so can you mark my response as your solution?

Yes, thank you. Sorry for the delay, really busy at work in these days, no time to try out things.