Vnc server no longer works after f39 -> f40

Yep, this is certainly true, but my setup worked just fine in f39.

Thanks a bunch for the reply. I’ve also been doing all of that except the Paste a 4 line config into /etc/tigervnc/vncserver-config-mandatory step, since I’m using KDE.

And with f39, the KDE session works perfectly fine via vnc.

My /etc/tigervnc/vncserver-config-mandatory and my ~/.vnc/config are empty. My ~/.vnc/xstartup is the one that Fedora created:

#!/bin/sh

unset SESSION_MANAGER
unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
# Assume either Gnome will be started by default when installed
# We want to kill the session automatically in this case when user logs out. In case you modify
# /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients or ~/.Xclients yourself to achieve a different result, then you should
# be responsible to modify below code to avoid that your session will be automatically killed
if [ -e /usr/bin/gnome-session ]; then
    vncserver -kill $DISPLAY
fi

The issue is that everything worked fine with f39. But after the upgrade to f40, it doesn’t work anymore. Why? It makes no sense. How can the upgrade break a perfectly fine setup?

There was no info regarding a breaking change for VNC.

My setup is correct. But vnc doesn’t work. Why? The error message is useless. I hoped that a dev could shed some light on this, since this entire situation makes no sense.

I’m also willing to give people access to the f39 and f40 VMs via ssh. Although I would have to isolate and strip down the VMs.

But my point is, I can’t believe I am the only person in the world who had a perfectly fine vnc setup for KDE in f39 that stopped working after the upgrade to f40.