Carp is a programming language designed to work well for interactive and performance sensitive use cases like games, sound synthesis and visualizations.
The key features of Carp are the following:
- Automatic and deterministic memory management (no garbage collector or VM)
- Inferred static types for great speed and reliability
- Ownership tracking enables a functional programming style while still using mutation of cache-friendly data structures under the hood
- No hidden performance penalties – allocation and copying are explicit
- Straightforward integration with existing C code
- Lisp macros, compile time scripting and a helpful REPL
To install Carp:
sudo dnf copr enable varlad/carp-lang sudo dnf install carp
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/varlad/carp-lang/