Using milestones in the Fedora Release Notes repo?

As part of the Fedora Changes process, I create an issue in the release notes repo. Right now, I put the target release in the title of the issue. But that means if a Change is deferred to a later release (which happens fairly frequently), I have to edit the title and then leave a comment.

Instead, I propose to use Pagure’s roadmap feature to assign release-specific milestones to each issue. This allows us to easily list issues by release, move them to a different release, etc. It’s not a world-changing change, but it makes my life slightly easier. And in theory makes it simpler for people who are contributing to the release notes, too, since we’ll often have 2 (or sometimes 3) releases worth of Change proposals in the repo.

Does anyone have objections to this plan? I don’t see why it would be a problem, but I don’t want to act unilaterally.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good idea.

And it’s specific enough that we can explicitly apply the “accepted if not distinctly objected to” rule after 14 days. This way, we don’t run the risk of just increasing our backlog.