Updating Subscription Management repositories. Unable to read consumer identity

This system is not registered with an entitlement server. You can use subscription-manager to register.

Copr repo for PyCharm owned by phracek           16 kB/s | 2.1 kB     00:00    
Fedora 39 - x86_64                              140 kB/s |  24 kB     00:00    
Fedora 39 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64        8.5 kB/s | 989  B     00:00    
Fedora 39 - x86_64 - Updates                    113 kB/s |  22 kB     00:00    
google-chrome                                    11 kB/s | 1.3 kB     00:00    
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Free                 9.2 kB/s | 3.6 kB     00:00    
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Free - Updates       9.7 kB/s | 3.5 kB     00:00    
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Nonfree               17 kB/s | 6.3 kB     00:00    
RPM Fusion for Fedora 39 - Nonfree - Updates     49 kB/s | 6.4 kB     00:00    

I was wondering if anyone else is having this when updating.I don’t remember what update or when it started showing up.The system still updates with no issue’s just curious as to how to stop it from showing up.

Subscription-manager was there for licensed software subscriptions such as RHEL. It has no effect on Fedora operationally.

As I stated it is not causing any issues with updates.Just curious why I have Subscription-manager in Fedora repo’s as I don’t use anything RHEL related so there is no reason I need to register my system.

subscription-manager is not installed on my Fedora systems.
Did you install it?

What does sudo dnf history subscription-manager report?

As you do not need it I assume you simply do sudo dnf remove subscription-manager.

1 Like

I think it goes back a little while in releases when it was introduced. I noticed it some time ago on my Workstation system, and asked about it in the discussion here, and found out it was meant for users that would have licensing subscription services. This is not limited to RHEL products I believe, but could include say paid CADD software subscriptions for example.
[Edit] It is easy enough to remove, just did it, will let you know if I get issues.

I’m guessing it must have come with an update as I also use the testing repo’s once in awhile.I removed it as it also removed


Thanks for the reply’s.