Unable to access FedoraForum.org pages | Howto debug

Hope this helps:

1 Like

They will probably have some hassle because of the renewal of their domain registry. And end of year is always a bad time to do such a task :crazy_face:

Maybe, but that is still more than a month away. It could explain a dns issue if there were one, but does not explain the open/broken network link shown with ping and traceroute which both used dns.

Both ping and traceroute showed the same IP address as the server and both dead-ended at the same gateway router.

The domain registrar is an international company. So they will have on each continent DNS Server entries. That’s why the synchronization has delay. Can be up to 12 or more hours.

@picopress related ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE from South Korea, I checked here in Brazil and had still access. And with the broken/old Certificate it made a total mess up.

Just waiting then we do ask in their forum what exactly was.

There are some issues with the current Fedora Forum hosting provider. Everything that the provider has done to fix the issue(s) up to this point has only made things worse.

I’m told that the forum owners are currently looking at or working on changing the hosting provider, changing the operating system from centos7 to almalinux8 and reinstalling to a new server. It may be a day or two until the forum is back online.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, Glenn.

You are very welcome.

Thanks, Glenn. Good to see you here. It’s back up for me. (NYC, spectrum as provider)

The site is back for me in Australia :slight_smile:

We’re back here too (via Verizon in the eastern US)