Trying to use mpv from inside distrobox exported to the host

I’ve started giving an honest try on silverblue and ublue images, and so far it’s been great, but one thing I can’t wrap my head around is how to integrate mpv from a distrobox in the host. When I do distrobox-export --app mpv the .desktop file gets exported as expected, but when I try to open a video file from nautilus on mpv from distrobox, it does not launch. Doing it from the terminal with distrobox enter and then executing mpv makes it work and it shows up with no problems. Anyone knows how I can start troubleshooting this issue? Thanks in advance for your time!

What happens if you run the Exec line from the .desktop file in a terminal? (it’ll be in ~/.local/share/applications/)

It shows as if I only ran mpv from commandline:

mpv v0.37.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 mpv/MPlayer/mplayer2 projects
libplacebo version: v6.338.2
FFmpeg version: n6.1.1
FFmpeg library versions:
   libavutil       58.29.100
   libavcodec      60.31.102
   libavformat     60.16.100
   libswscale      7.5.100
   libavfilter     9.12.100
   libswresample   4.12.100

Usage:   mpv [options] [url|path/]filename

Basic options:
 --start=<time>    seek to given (percent, seconds, or hh:mm:ss) position
 --no-audio        do not play sound
 --no-video        do not play video
 --fs              fullscreen playback
 --sub-file=<file> specify subtitle file to use
 --playlist=<file> specify playlist file

--list-options    list all mpv options
 --h=<string>      print options which contain the given string in their name

Figured I would use the flatpak from now on and prevent further headaches, since it seems as well maintained as the official one. Thanks for your time and answer anyway

It appears that the --player-operation-mode=pseudo-gui option is missing from the Exec command, so there is no GUI when launching mpv.

Additionally, is this AMD system?

It’s an NVIDIA system. From what I recall, the option --player-operation-mode=pseudo-guiis present when inspecting the exported .desktop file. Although I could be wrong, I’m using Fedora Workstation for now once I figure how to make a custom silverblue install with ublue