Symbol lookup error + librpmostree

Hi folks,

I’ve been facing a problem I though I’d never have before.

My last update was last week. So far so good.
Yesterday I tried to check my rpm-ostree status and upgrade, but I was presented with the following error:

rpm-ostree: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/librpmostree-1.so.1: undefined symbol: hy_goal_lock

To my experience, that should be a broken symlink or something like that. The main problem is that it is in a file I don’t have access on Silverblue, due to the file to be read-only.

I might be biased, but I think I saw some update of rpmostree last week. I’m not sure.

However, mostly important, I don’t have any clue how to fix that sort of issue because the rpm-ostree command is not working at all (always the same error), so I cannot rollback.

Best wishes for all,
Rafael

However, mostly important, I don’t have any clue how to fix that sort of issue because the rpm-ostree command is not working at all (always the same error), so I cannot rollback.

Are you able to at least boot into the previous entry in the GRUB menu?

As to the error itself, this sounds like the dynamic linker is trying to link rpm-ostree with the libdnf package’s version instead of the bundled one, which shouldn’t happen. Would you happen to be using LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Sorry for the delay, I was travelling for work and I could only follow your suggestion now.

It worked. I completely forgot about the GRUB menu, I got really used to SB and I forgot about basic stuff.

I’ve pinned the last working commit, so I guess I have where to go if the next upgrade put me again in that problematic place where rpm-ostree was malfunctioning.

Thanks, the topic is closed.