solopasha/xwayland

Description

Description not filled in by author. Very likely personal repository for testing purpose, which you should not use.

Installation Instructions

Instructions not filled in by author. Author knows what to do. Everybody else should avoid this repo.

Active Releases

The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).

Release Architectures Repo Download Fedora 38 x86_64 (0)* Fedora 38 (0 downloads)

* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/solopasha/xwayland

Sericea/Silverblue:
Excellent for fixing the version mismatch between xwayland provided by Fedora repositories and the minimal version needed for installing Hyprland.

rpm-ostree update && rpm-ostree override replace --experimental xorg-x11-server-Xwayland --from repo='copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:solopasha:xwayland'```

You shouldn’t install it from this repo, it’s built with a patch to address nvidia xwayland issues. regular xwayland(without any experimental patches for me to test) is built in solopasha/hyprland Copr

Thank you for your feedback. I needed to install XWayland from this repo because the XWayland provided by Fedora’s Sericea repositories was outdated for having Hyprland working. I already was using the solopasha/hyprland Copr repository and I am glad to thank you for creating and maintaining that Copr repository. Great work. Thank you very much.
With the version from that repository, I managed to have Hyprland working on Fedora Sericea. Because of the immutable nature of the distribution, and because I was installing it on an old, ancient mid-2012 Macbook Pro, I didn’t bother as much to use it.

Did you drop the support for Fedora 37?