shrisha/gnome-shell-mutter-tripplebuffered-41

Description

Patched mutter for GNOME Shell 40. For Fedora 34. This mutter patched with MR-1441 which is so far most performance improving MR I ever tried. So this COPR I did for myself and you welcome to try as well. VERY IMPORTANT! Only for X.Org for now. Wayland is not supported yet. So don't forget to switch to x11 before mutter update. Daniel van Vugt is working on wayland support right now.

Installation Instructions

GNOME Shell 40 mutter with MR '1441' (tripple-buffered) copr repository

Included packages Install

sudo dnf copr enable shrisha/gnome-shell-mutter-tripplebuffered-40 sudo dnf upgrade

Rollback

sudo dnf copr remove shrisha/gnome-shell-mutter-tripplebuffered-40 sudo dnf distro-sync

Active Releases

The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).

* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/shrisha/gnome-shell-mutter-tripplebuffered-41/

Hi! Thanks for making this. Is it currently updated with the latest commits?

Works really well. I have a bug report:

1. this fork disables touchscreen’s gestures
  2. interaction with touchscreen is buggy (can’t scroll in folders pages in applications launcher)

If this isn’t the right place to notify this bug, please tell me where i can report this.

Yes, it’s compiled with latest changes on that particular day. Usually I’m trying to get most stable commits, means if new commits has not much breakages so I compile new one.

Probably it’s because of wayland not fully supported yet. But if you are on x11 then that can be reported over there: WIP: Dynamic triple/double buffering (v4) (!1441) · Merge requests · GNOME / mutter · GitLab