XanMod is a general-purpose Linux kernel distribution with custom settings and new features. Built to provide a stable, responsive and smooth desktop experience.
The real-time version is recommended for critical runtime applications such as Linux gaming eSports, streaming, live productions and ultra-low latency enthusiasts.
Supports all recent 64-bit versions of Fedora Linux.※ RT builds are currently unavailable
- Preemptive Full Tickless Kernel at 500Hz w/ Tuned CPU Core Scheduler.
- RCU Boost for better responsiveness and lower overall system latency.
- Full multi-core block layer runqueue requests for high I/O throughput.
- Caching, Virtual Memory Manager and CPUFreq Governor improvements.
- BBR TCP Congestion Control + FQ-PIE Packet Scheduling and AQM Algorithm
- ORC Unwinder for Kernel Stack Traces (debuginfo) implementation
- Third-party patchset available: Futex2 interface [5.11], BBRv2 TCP congestion [5.11][5.10][as module], ZSTD kernel modules support [5.11][5.10], Clear Linux [partial], CK's Hrtimer patchset, Futex Proton Fsync support, PCIe ACS Override [5.11][5.10], Aufs [5.4] and Graysky's GCC patchset.
- High responsiveness multitasking CacULE scheduler (SCHED_NORMAL) based on ULE interactivity score mechanism build available
- GPLv2 license. Can be built for any distribution or purpose.
sudo dnf enable rmnscnce/kernel-xanmod
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/rmnscnce/kernel-xanmod/