Repairing fedora os with usb

Hello

I made the mistake of not waiting until a software update was finished , it was at 96% for way too long so i thought it had finished and hit the restart button, no all i get is a whte screen with an unhappy desktop face, saying that the computer cannot recover, can i Repair the damage with a repair tool from fedora, and if so, where can i get a download of such a tool?

I am using a recent version of fedora with recent updates.

also, is there a terminal command or two I can use to gain access to my pass word protected drives while i wait to do the rescue?

Thanks

In order to ensure and allow review of answers, to ensure some security and privacy of people, and to also allow others to see (and thus profit from) issues and potential solutions, it is intended to answer here, not by email :wink: I thus removed your email address. I cannot contribute much myself in this topic, but I hope someone here can help you :wink:

However, in any case, you might be a little more detailed in elaborating your issue and what you want to do. You might also add some related tags to make people aware at first glance if that topic is their area of expertise.

By the way, you can get notifications of posts here by email, and you can answer to them by email. The posts you answered by email will be then published here :slight_smile: So you can work by email with our discourse forums

2 Likes

Added gnome, live-usb

If you are at this stage, you can try to gain a terminal with
CTRL+ALT+F3

1 Like