Pronouns... Why?

What is up with all of this woke pronoun nonsense whenever someone signs up for the Fedora forums?

1 Like

Hi @btjustice

First of all, welcome here at Fedora!
As I explained in another thread Pronoun field change

You can look for the reasons!

Fedora stands for Diversity, Equality and Inclusion! We are welcoming all persons and Fedora is a place for all!

Pls be respectful!

v/r

Andi

Good, but why even have pronouns? Does it matter for an operating system to have pronouns? Just be a great operating system and keep the wokeness and politics out of it.

1 Like

You don’t get the point. A Linux distro can’t be “neutral”. We have Code of Conduct etc.
If you don’t agree that we are standing for an open-minded community and welcoming all, then you can reflect about your opinion.
For sure, we’re respecting your view as well. But vice versa we are expecting that you are respecting and tolerating our rules and having pronouns!

v/r

Andi

You are not getting the point. Any Linux distro can be neutral, and they all should be. I am actively looking now for a new one that is neutral and doesn’t care about wokeness. I have yet to see anything great come from SJWs and wokeness.

1 Like

So the why is simple, this is a community that is welcoming. The community sprang up around Fedora Linux, the distribution. It isn’t any more political than what you are currently making it. I approved your last post since I feel every attempt should always be made to end a discussion on a more positive note. So, if you don’t feel the need for pronoun usage that’s alright, no one is going to take offence. Just like you shouldn’t be offended someone does, or that the community likes there to be the option.

3 Likes

Please consider this thread as closed and keep discussions in the original thread to avoid duplications:

( wow @jakfrost , I think we pushed the reply button at the very same moment : )