Problem with "spice-server" RPM package: no sound in Windows 98

I use up-to-date Fedora 37. I have Windows 98 installed in virtual machine with libvirt, using virt-manager. I have a strange issue with missing sound but I verified the issue is not with the OS inside machine. I have another libvirt-based machine with Windows 10 where sound works properly. But in Windows 10 machine emulated sound card is “ich9” while in Windows 98 I use “sb16” sound card.

I found that I can resolve the issue by rebuilding “spice-server” package using buildroot from older Fedora release.

This is what I am doing:

• download source package of spice-server using
dnf download --source spice-server
  • rebuild the package using Fedora 35 buildroot using
mock --rebuild spice-0.15.1-1.fc37.src.rpm -r fedora-35-x86_64 --resultdir .
  • then when I install freshly built “spice-server-0.15.1-1.fc35.x86_64.rpm” in my Fedora 37 machine, then sound in my Windows 98 machine works properly;
  • hovever, if I try to update back to up-to-date spice-server package from Fedora 37 repo (with f37 dist tag) or when I try to use package rebuilt in Fedora 36 buildroot, then sound in Windows 98 stops working again.

I don’t know why this happens and how to solve the issue properly. Is there here anyone who maintains spice and knows some internal background to help me with resolving the issue?