Planned Outage - Fedora Account System Replacement - 2021-03-24 10:30 UTC

Edited to correct the dates. The outage begins on Wednesday 24 March.

All,

Fedora infrastructure is getting a new accounts system! To put this in place we will need an outage to our services.

You may have seen a notice about an outage previously but this was moved out to the new date due to the Fedora 34 beta freeze

There will be an outage starting at 2021-03-24 10:30UTC,
which will last approximately TWO days.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
or run:

date -d ‘2021-03-24 10:30UTC’

Affected Services:

All Fedora Services

• As this is the authentication system there may be issues logging in to some services.
  • Users may not be able to access people.fedoraproject.org or secondary.fedoraproject.org during the outage
  • Maintainer test instances are a special case and as such will be in a “frozen” state for access after the outage. This means that no updates will be made to users or ssh keys on these machines.

Ticket:

https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/9747

If you have any questions or concerns please use any of the following methods of communication.

• Comment on the ticket
  • IRC on #fedora-admin or #fedora-noc
  • Reply here
4 Likes

It is my understanding that this will not prevent already-logged-in Discourse users from accessing this site, since it establishes a long-lived authentication cookie. But if you’re not logged in, or become logged out, you won’t be able to log back in until the downtime is over.

1 Like

Not very good timing with beta release. :frowning:

There is basically never a good time. Hopefully it will not be too disruptive.

2 Likes

Looks like things are back up and running, at least for now. Didn’t take that long after all.

Not yet here. I am still not able to log on COPR.

I should have specified that I only meant the Fedora Discussion site login was working. I don’t know that all Fedora sites are finished being updated yet.

I just tested and Copr login is working for me. Is it still broken for you?

Still not this morning. I will wait until the official end of the outage.

I reset my password and now I am able to login.

1 Like