Nvidia "unable to load info from any available system" error on Fedora 30 Cinnamon Spin

I am running Fedora 30 Cinnamon Spin on a Haswell-based system that I put together myself. I have not been successful in getting a GTX 1050 that I purchased used up and running on my PC.

I have installed the drivers from the rpmfusion repo as instructed on their website. I installed the drivers prior to installing the card. Upon booting with the card installed, my monitor fails to detect a video signal and I am forced to shut down the machine.

Going back into the system with the GPU connected, but forcing it to use integrated graphics, I can verify that the nvidia card shows up when I run lspci as both a VGA compatible controller and an audio device. It’s also listed in my system information (accessed through the GUI) as a graphics card, beneath the integrated graphics, which are also listed.

Trying to open nvidia-settings (while using the integrated graphics) by using the terminal command gives me the error named in the title: “unable to load info from any available system.”

I am willing to try a fresh install of Fedora 30 Cinnamon if necessary, and can try running the card in a different (Windows 10) system if anyone thinks it’s likely a faulty card. Like I said, I am getting no video output from the card, even though it’s detected by the system and appears to be operating normally (fans are spinning).

Read This https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/how-i-can-install-vga-drivers/61976/8