I just pushed my latest proposal for the new homepage text to the repo. It should be visible soon at https://docs.stg.fedoraproject.org/en-US/docs/ as link in the upper box ‘Fedora Linux’ (target. currently: https://docs.stg.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora/rawhide/ Needs to get adjusted). Look at the last build timestamp in the footer, hast to be past 18:50 UTC.
There are some topics to discuss / decide / improve
- Does the navigation bar fit?
- Correct Link to Fedora 37 Release Notes
- Correct Link to Fedora 36 Release Notes
- Thorough review of the ‘Getting Started’ section. The text is largely taken from older texts and adapted. Perhaps the adaptation does not go far enough in some places, e.g. regarding media writers.
- The ‘Ask Fedora’ people should improve and add to the section if possible
- Should the Community section also mention Matrix and IRC? Then I ask for a corresponding addition to the text.
- The “newbie’s primer” section is currently a link to a Quick Doc article. I think we should take this article out of QuickDoc (it doesn’t really fit there. QD is about how-tos.) and integrate it into the docs homepage.
All of these are minor additions. I think we are then ready to activate the pages as planned for Fedora 37 on 11/1.