Neovim article

@human-d3v I see you have created a possible article in the Fedora Magazine WordPress instance. We have no indication of this in the magazine workflow which usually starts with a proposal or “pitch” in this discussion area. A pitch includes the following two items.

Article Summary:
Article Description:

After a review and approval we then create a tracking ticket in Pagure so the authors and editors can coordinate reviewing ,editing, and publication.

Can we get you to provide the two items above? They need not be exhaustive, just enough of an outline so we know if your article will be suitable for the magazine.

Thank you for volunteering your time and effort.

Hi @rlengland, I apologize. I didn’t realize that was viewable publicly. I saw issue#65 on the kanban board that hadn’t seen any movement for 2 years, and with the release of NeoVim 0.10.0 this week, I wanted to see if I had enough information to meet that idea. I’m more than happy to remove the draft and submit a formal proposal.

Your WordPress entry only showed up to me because I am an editor and regularly look at the entries. No apology necessary and no need to remove the article. Just a quick outline of your plan would be fine.

If your plan is essentially that same as issue#65 describes then we can assign that card to you and proceed from there.

With some updates to match the changes over the last couple of years, the plan would be essentially the same as issue#65. I’d be happy to be assigned that ticket.

Article Summary:
Setting Up Development environment with Neovim and Lunarvim (or Lazyvim – a similar preconfigured Neovim distribution)

Article Description:
Show the process for installing Neovim on Fedora Workstation along with the process of loading and configuring a variety of plugins for use with modern programming languages like Rust, TypeScript, Go, Python, and C++.

The article will demonstrate both a custom configuration as well as an out-of-the-box solution to get the reader writing code as quickly as possible, emphasizing the use of FOSS solutions and highlighting Fedora as a uniquely stable platform for software development and data analysis.

About me as a first-time contributor:

I’m a FOSS enthusiast, data scientist, and researcher who studies workplace culture. I’ve been using Fedora as a daily driver since F36 for both work and recreation.

@human-d3v I’ve modified the description on Pagure card #65 and assigned it to you.