ModernDeck Flatpak launch issue f36

Ive found installing ModernDeck app through Flatpak does not launch. So, I tried launching this through terminal and have the following

flatpak run com.dangeredwolf.ModernDeck
{}
LaunchProcess: failed to execvp:
xdg-settings
Gtk-Message: 10:17:22.266: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 10:17:22.266: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 10:17:22.267: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 10:17:22.267: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
[3:1001/101722.287786:ERROR:bus.cc(397)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
[3:1001/101722.287852:ERROR:bus.cc(397)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
[45:1001/101722.738182:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(377)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
(node:3) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 did-stop-loading listeners added to [EventEmitter]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(Use `moderndeck --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:3) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Script failed to execute, this normally means an error was thrown. Check the renderer console for the error.
    at node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:93:395
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:81:375)
    at EventEmitter.emit (node:events:390:28)
    at Object.onMessage (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:69:746)
(node:3) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
(node:3) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Script failed to execute, this normally means an error was thrown. Check the renderer console for the error.
(node:3) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 2)
(node:3) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 3)
(node:3) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: An object could not be cloned.
    at EventEmitter.t.ipcRendererInternal.send (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:85:328)
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:81:357)
(node:3) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 4)
[3:1001/101725.969688:ERROR:bus.cc(397)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
[45:1001/101742.325822:ERROR:gl_surface_presentation_helper.cc(260)] GetVSyncParametersIfAvailable() failed for 1 times!
[45:1001/101757.928847:ERROR:gl_surface_presentation_helper.cc(260)] GetVSyncParametersIfAvailable() failed for 2 times!
[45:1001/101801.987599:ERROR:gl_surface_presentation_helper.cc(260)] GetVSyncParametersIfAvailable() failed for 3 times!

so I tried update and there everything appears up to date. I have checked the xorg version is the current version (not sure if that is relevant here).

I also downloaded the file ModernDeck_x86_64.AppImage and if I Run this, it works! But this is not ideal, as the runs it and isnt installed…

I am hoping for any guidance - (ps, I am newbie to Fedora so appreciate any help).

My system details

Dell XPS 13 9365
F36 Workstation Edition
Mesa Intel HD Graphics 615 (KBL GT2)
Gnome 42.4
Wayland

Thanks

This seems a flatpak issue and you should contact the flatpak provider for assistance & fix. Fedora does not provide nor support flatpaks directly and it is up to the provider of that flatpak to make sure it works for users.

Maybe there is already a fix, in which case sudo flatpak upgrade may be able to provide the fix.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, i’ve tried sudo flatpak upgrade it came up with “Nothing to do.”

I’ll try contacting the Flatpak provider to see if they might be able to help

Appreciate the quick resonse

BTW
When you download an appimage and make it executable it is for all intents and purposes already installed since it can be run directly with no other actions.

I’m not sure I did that correctly, as I “run” it from “Files” app - it doesnt appear on the Apps list or an option to pin to Dash

c3f28ebb44eccfb74e9c75d0dc55460758d3ed3f.png

Is there something I should do to install it properly please?

That does appear to be a common issue with appimages.

You could create your own .desktop file to run it in ~/.local/share/applications/ then it would be selectable and could be pinned to the dash. You may need to create or select a custom icon for it, but otherwise follow the examples of other files either there or in /usr/share/applications for the required context of the .desktop file.

I interpreted your plea to “install it properly” as meaning you want an icon to launch it from the desktop, which does not necessarily mean installed, only meaning there is a launcher provided.

Thanks Jeff - so, the main issue posted on GitHub for the App Dev.

Re. the Icon and .desktop file, I will give that a go. Thanks