Missing icons in kinoite

Had some more time to play with it, and while I’m still experiencing the same issues, I found a couple of other things of note by launching plasmashell --replace via terminal and reading the output.

The following errors are present, which I assume are related to required services that somehow can’t be accessed:

kf.service.services: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType "ThumbCreator" not found
kf.service.services: KApplicationTrader: mimeType "inode/directory" not found

As well, this error repeats almost constantly while the output is being logged:

kf.plasma.core: findInCache with a lastModified timestamp of 0 is deprecated

I hope this sheds a little more light on things for you. If there’s anything else you’d like me to take a look at and report back on, let me know.

I’ll also leave my system specs here for reference. I doubt they’re relevant, given the similar reports other people have made, but it can’t hurt:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 laptop
Ryzen 2700u CPU with an AMD RX 560x DGPU unit
8gb DDR4 RAM

The system is running using the open-source AMDGPU drivers found in the kernel and mesa.

I also realize that I forgot to reply to you directly with my previous post above, so my apologies if you didn’t receive the other information in it.

1 Like

I took a look in the /usr folder and noticed that every file and folder contained within it is timestamped as 01/01/1970. Could this have something to do with it? All other timestamps on the system appear to be normal.

1 Like

kinoite rawhide iso already exists

After installing iso kinoite rawhide advise5fszer rebase for unofficial kinoite 34 for now

This is on purpose, It’s a feature of ostree/rpm-ostree.

1 Like

I don’t understand this sentence.

1 Like

Bad traduction english

what I wanted to say, is that by installing the Fedora kinoite iso rahwide, I’m not having any problems with the icons

Thanks, still learning the nuances of everything on a Silverblue system. :slight_smile:

So that’s a good news. It means that something is broken in my unofficial builds but that’s going away with the official ones.

1 Like

That’s interesting, I rebased to the Rawhide branch after reading your post, but the same problems still persist for me (even after cleaning out all the config files and creating a new temporary user.) Is there anything else you might have done to your system between the last time you tried Kinoite and this time? Thanks.

1 Like

Try to install the kinoite from the iso of rahwide directly

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, when I get some time I’ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

@siosm Today’s iso has the same problems, would it be possible to pass yesterday’s iso that is working?

I have not changed anything for a week in Kinoite so I don’t know why some are good, some bad. Will have to investigate.

i think the i think the problem could be because of this?

I use English language, but this error popup is there when I first install using ISO - almost on the first day it is available, and is still there every version I have tried.

the problem is that if I don’t select ok, the plasma won’t work

For me, the pop up will auto close, no need to act on it.

This bug is tracked in 1966265 – Kinoite Bug on First Boot. Not been able to reproduce yet. Please always include the output of rpm-ostree status with bug reports.

1 Like

I think I already know how to reproduce the error

Install fedora kinoite and when it’s time to configure, change the location zone (in my case Portugal)

1 Like

@siosm every time I didn’t select my location KDE came normal, but when I install it setting the Portugal region the icons disappear