Originally published at: https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/mindshare-committee-quarterly-report-q2-2022/
It’s time for the (overdue) Mindshare Committee’s third Quarterly Report. This post covers activities from the Mindshare Committee and related teams for the months of April, May, and June of 2022. We started off strong with getting these reports together, but as time has gone, it’s gotten a bit more difficult to pull them together and out on time. We are addressing the future of these reports and how we can restructure to make it easier to put them together. As always, we welcome feedback on how we can improve these reports in the related Mindshare ticket.
Join one of the teams below and get more involved within the Fedora Community. For tickets and Discussion threads, make sure to comment your interest in getting involved.
- Fedora Mentor Summit
- Recordings available on Youtube
- Fedora Linux 36 Release Party
- Recordings available on Youtube
Community Blog Activity
- 20 posts in April
- 17 posts in May
- 27 posts in June
- Presented the latest progress at Fedora Linux 36 Release Party
- Wrapping up documentation for Ambassadors
- Ensuring Mindshare documentation is up to date
- Aiming to complete entire Objective by end of August, 2022
- Development of the Fedora Linux 37 wallpaper began in May
- Design Team spoke at the Fedora 36 release party to go over the details
- Logos for Flock, Nest and Hatch were finalized
- Pride Month Social Hour takeover on June 30th
- Fedora Week of Diversity planning has begun
- Added a banner to the top of the Fedora Magazine page explaining what the Fedora Magazine is about and links to supporting information. This was suggested by the results of a class project on usability testing.
- Updated the Fedora Magazine page to a more modern “flat” design, removing gradients and rounded corners.
- The design update introduced an undesired rounded corner on the banner containing the Fedora logo. The correction of this was minor but updates to WordPress and PHP versions required a somewhat long and arduous debugging period to re-enable the podman based local testing environment. Corrections are in place to enable local testing, at this time.
- In the process of coordinating posting schedules for social media accounts
- Developing content for YouTube on Discussion
- Working on creating campaigns for Fedora communities
- Reactivating social media channels
- We organized our first ever Fedora Mentor Summit on April 1st and 2nd. Videos are live on youtube.
- Outreachy participation with 3 projects
- Coordination of sponsorship & participation at GUADEC 2022
- Coordination of Silver sponsorship for Akademy 2022
- Updates on mindshare docs description
- Updates made to the pagure group after the F36 election results
- Coordination of Nest with Fedora
- Meetbot Logs 2.0 Released
- Onuralp Sezer has been elected as the Mindshare representative for the team
- Fedora Websites build pipelines (both getfedora and ‘legacy’ websites) has been moved over OCP4 cluster, and can now be updated to use fedora:36/python3.
- Fedora Websites and Apps Revamp Objective talk on Fedora Linux 36 Release Party was a success
- Represented the Fedora Websites and Apps Objective Revamp in Fedora Hatch Pune India 2022
- Fedora Websites 3.0
- Kicked off efforts to re-implement our websites with new look and feel, and using new technology stacks
- Coordinated the sponsorship of Fedora Hatch events
- Planned and Coordinated for the annual contributor event Nest with Fedora