meeuw/droidcam

Description

Description not filled in by author. Very likely personal repository for testing purpose, which you should not use.

Installation Instructions

Instructions not filled in by author. Author knows what to do. Everybody else should avoid this repo.

Active Releases

The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).

Release Architectures Repo Download Fedora 33 x86_64 (0)* Fedora 33 (0 downloads)

* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/meeuw/droidcam/
1 Like

Hello @meeuw,
thank you for the repository. DroidCam is great and I enjoy using it for my online meetings.

I wanted to mention it in my upcoming Fedora Magazine article but the installation is quite complicated (because of v4l2loopback, android-tools, etc). Would you care to update the installation instructions so new users have an easier time setting it up?

Man, it’s been two weeks since I’ve had to have a video-free meeting because I was having trouble installing it, but with your repository it worked first.
THANK YOU

Please provide the repository for Fedora 35.

bug in 1.8.1-4.fc35: The .desktop file has the wrong path to the binary. because of this the icon is not displayed in gnome. By the way, about the icon, could you update it (the one without text at the bottom)?

Hello, first of all thanks for making a more integrated installation of Droidcam available.
Next week the beta for Fedora 37 should be released, could you please rebuild droidcam for fc37?
Thanks for this, I’m on Silverblue and this was very easy to install.

+1 for F37 support

I copied this and made it available for F37 https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/srchooeu/droidcam/

In F38 I get the warning below after running
sudo akmods sudo modprobe v4l2loopback-dc

Checking kmods exist for 6.3.8-200.fc38.x86_64Warning: Could not determine what package owns /lib/modules/6.3.8-200.fc38.x86_64/extra/v4l2l

Droidcam fails to launch when called from app menu. Do I need to install libappindicator-gtk3?

Update: Fixed after installing dependencies following:

Fedora 38, I’m getting the following error and droidcam not launching.

modprobe: FATAL: Module v4l2loopback-dc not found in directory /lib/modules/6.3.12-200.fc38.x86_64