marcin/Signal-Desktop

Description

Signal-Desktop unofficial build from stable source releases. Signal is an encrypted communications application for Android and iOS. It uses the Internet to send one-to-one and group messages, which can include files, voice notes, images and videos, and make one-to-one voice and video calls.

Signal:

Installation Instructions

⚠️ Before proceeding

1. If you're on OpenSUSE, please migrate to obs network:im:signal instead of using this Copr
  2. Consider using Signal's Flathub release

How to install

Current version: 5.34.0 (2022-03-05)

1. Enable copr repository

sudo dnf copr enable luminoso/Signal-Desktop

2. Install Signal Desktop

sudo dnf install signal-desktop

Reporting Issues

If you find any packaging issues feel free to report the issue at github.com/luminoso/fedora-copr-signal-desktop/issues

News

2021-08-30 Disabled Mageia, CentOS and EPEL builds due to the lack of vips package and a easy way to build it (issue #9). Alternative release from here is the Signal's Flatpak release

2021-08-30 Started OpenSuse builds phase out if favor of obs network:im:signal. While package will continue to be updated, no new repositories for future OpenSuse releases will be added to this Copr project.

2020-12-09 CentOS7 and mageia7 builds disabled due to issue #5

2020-10-16 Currently CentOS7 builds are broken due to issue #5

2020-05-15 Added builds for Centos stream, Opensuse Tumbleweed and Mageia cauldron

2020-04-28 Builds for epel8 are now working. Signal-Deskop is now available for RHEL8, CentOS8 and friends.

2020-02-04 Fixed builds for epel7. ATM only epel8 doesn't have any releases.

2020-01-29 I made a a considerable rpm refactor. Builds are still broken for epel7 and epel8. You may need to manually uninstall and install the package again. Any other issue let me know.

2019-12-18 Despiste the repo is already available I'm still yet unable to build for epel8. (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1572596)

2018-11-04 Disabled i686 builds. New releases are available only for x86_64

2018-02-06 Refactor dynamic linking patches to the ones used by Archlinux/aur signal-desktop package

Release safety/verification

So, you're thinking if you can trust me. Fedora Copr builds, signs, and ships the final RPM from a provided spec file. The rpm spec works just like a recipe that generates a .rpm, which it's versioned and available at copr git dist. I try my best to keep it easily readable so it can be verified by everyone. There's also the Copr Project Homepage with more details about the Copr itself.

Changes compared with upstream

The option --no-sandbox is removed from default start via applications menu Also added --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox due to issue #12

Bugs?

If you want to ping me because a new release is available or just because this Copr repo isn't working for some reason, I'm usually at #fedora Freenode's channel with the nickname "luminoso". I only test the builds for Fedora 33 release, but all releases should work without any problems.

Active Releases

The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).

* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.

External Repository List

The following repositories are accessible during builds

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/marcin/Signal-Desktop/