Mail server for fedora 35

Hello
I have a desktop image of version 35, do I have to / is it better to get the server image if I want to have my own server? I am looking for the easiest way to get a server. I would really appreciate a link to the docs.
Thanks

You might start here for documentation.

You also need to be aware that there are a lot of configs required for you to have your own mail server.
Not least of which is that it must have a valid DNS entry, it must be configured to prevent relays (which is critical to preventing spam), and must have both a valid path incoming to receive mail as well as a path outward for sending mail. The mail sent must also be from the domain identified by the dns entry or it will likely be rejected.

2 Likes

Maybe use the guide for Fedora 35 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah, google does not always pull up the latest. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I wonder if there is a docker image for the setup? Just checking to see if there is one that the community has used and approves. I’ll search the docker repo.

There are various Fedora Linux based docker images:

https://registry.fedoraproject.org/

but I’m not aware of a docker image with a pre-configured mail server. So I think you still need to configure your mail server yourself.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

You can definitely use the Workstation image to run a mail server and don’t need to reinstall. The Server packages are available on Workstation, too.

For a mail server, there are a few options, but you’re most likely going to want to setup postfix:

2 Likes

Got it. Thank you so much.

1 Like