Maestral on F39

Yesterday I upgraded to Fedora 39. For some reason Maestral dropbox client is not working anymore.
Tried reinstalling but this sisn’t solve the problem.
Am getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/username/.local/bin/maestral", line 5, in <module>
    from maestral.cli import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'maestral'

How did you install maestral?
I guess you pip installed into your user account, which is fine, but installs it for the specific python version which you are using at that time.
Fedora 39 comes with Python 3.12 (the first Fedora to do so), which sees none of the packages which you installed that way for other versions.
pip install --user maestral should help you out.

Tried that but it still didn;t work. Still getting

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/username/.local/bin/maestral", line 5, in <module>
    from maestral.cli import main
  File "/home/username/.local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/maestral/cli/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from .cli_main import main
  File "/home/username/.local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/maestral/cli/cli_main.py", line 6, in <module>
    from .cli_core import start, stop, gui, pause, resume, auth, sharelink
  File "/home/username/.local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/maestral/cli/cli_core.py", line 15, in <module>
    from .common import (
  File "/home/username/.local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/maestral/cli/common.py", line 13, in <module>
    from ..constants import DEFAULT_CONFIG_NAME
  File "/home/username/.local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/maestral/constants.py", line 11, in <module>
    from importlib_metadata import metadata, PackageNotFoundError
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'importlib_metadata'

That one is different and indicates that meastral has not kept up with python changes.
Also, if you report upstream in an issue where this has been explained a week ago already I would appreciate if you referenced that here. It’s an upstream bug.

A workaround has been posted in the upstream bug on github.

pip3 install -U importlib_metadata

Solves the problem.