LWN subscription slots available for Fedora contributors

Originally published at: LWN subscription slots available for Fedora contributors – Fedora Community Blog

Linux Weekly News — or “LWN” — is a small, independent website dedicated to covering Linux and open source topics. There’s really nothing like it — from daily updates from different communities (including, of course, Fedora) to deep-dives into technical topics to reporting from various conferences and invents. Red Hat funds a subscription for Fedora community members, of which we currently have two open slots. There are also about a number of people who haven’t logged in for several years… I intend to remove these to make room if there is enough interest to warrant that.

Note that if you work for Red Hat, there is different LWN subscription, which should be automatically activated when you log in to the site from a company network or VPN. (You do have to do this periodically to keep it active, though.) So, priority for Fedora community members goes to non-Red Hatters. And, of course, if you can get your employer to pay, or want to help out with your own subscription, LWN could always use the help.

Also, all content is made available for free after several weeks — and, there is even a way for subscribers to make sharing links available that give free access to even new articles.

Claim a Fedora LWN subscription

But, if you don’t have access another way, you are active in Fedora, and you would make use of the subscription… post a reply here with your LWN username and I’ll hook you up.

7 Likes

I had a subscription years ago. Please count me in. My username is x3mboy

Hello, @mattdm

It’s great to hear about the opportunity for Fedora community members to access a subscription to Linux Weekly News (LWN). For those active in the Fedora community who do not work for Red Hat and would benefit from an LWN subscription, this is a valuable resource.

If you’re interested and meet the criteria, be sure to post your LWN username as a reply to claim one of the open slots. It’s a generous offer that can help you stay informed on the latest in Linux and open source, and contribute more effectively to the Fedora community. Remember, these subscriptions are limited, so act quickly if you’re interested!

Thank you for sharing this info.

Best Regard,
Ryan Manus

Me in as well with sumantrom

Please, add me, too (pboy)

1 Like

Me too! (account name is “decathorpe”)

1 Like

As expected, the requests outstrip the available slots. @mattdm if I am one of the unused people (that currently has a subscription) you can give up my spot, my account would be “jakfrost” if I did have one. I don’t mind sharing.

1 Like

I’d love a slot of available. jonathanspw

1 Like

gotmax23 is also my LWN username. It would be great to have one of the slots.

1 Like

This is a classic site and nostalgic for me, I’ll refrain because there will be tons of interest here in the forums for it.

Mee too proton is my LWN username.

1 Like

I removed a few more accounts that hadn’t logged in 2 years, one of which was @sumantrom with a different username. :classic_smiley:

So, I’ve added everyone so far, and actually have a few more left. If there’s more interest beyond that even, I do see a few Red Hatters on the list who could probably move to make room.

If there’s a lot more demand, I will check with RH OSPO about raising the count. I know budgets are tight, but I expect this is relatively small all things considered.

3 Likes

If you can fit me in, I would love a subscription. Don’t kick anyone out for me, though. My LWN username is jerryjames.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Add me please – computersavvy
Although I don’t contribute much more than information here.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

There isn’t an LWN account with that name — you need to create a free account there first so I can add it.

1 Like

done!

1 Like

Thank you. @mattdm

1 Like

I’m not really a Fedora contributor but an active Fedora user. If there is a slot available, my LWN username is yuntaz.

1 Like