Logitech M585 Mouse not works (Unifying Dongle) after waking from Suspend/Blackscreen

On F39 I got almost every login the Message of low power of the Keyboard K230 where I bought with an Unifying Dongle. I bought me a M585 Mouse where is use with the same dongle.

When message appears and I check the Keyboard shows 90% and the Mouse is 50%.
I do not know why Gnome tells me It is the Keyboard?

On F40 since aprox 2 weeks now, I get still the messages. This time I do have trouble with the Mouse. To make it work it is neccesaryto change the dongle into an other USB slot.

Are there other users with similar issues?
Does someone have a solution for that?

Why it does so I am not certain.
I have a logitek K350 keyboard and MX Ergo trackball, both on a unifying dongle.
The keyboard is batteries and the trackball is rechargable.

For quite some time (probably more than 2 years) I get a notice that the keyboard battery is low, and in every case I can recall the fix was to recharge the trackball.

I notice that the newer version of inxi actually shows both devices and the battery state though I don’t remember when that began.

Battery:
  Device-1: hidpp_battery_0 model: Logitech K350 serial: <filter>
    charge: 70% (should be ignored) status: discharging
  Device-2: hidpp_battery_1 model: Logitech MX Ergo Multi-Device Trackball
    serial: <filter> charge: 55% (should be ignored) status: discharging

Yes, I start noticing issues with either the keyboard or trackball when that notice appears and the problems disappear when I recharge or replace batteries. I usually replace keyboard batteries at the same time I recharge the trackball. If the radio in the device is weak due to low power then the signal to the computer can be corrupted.

1 Like
Battery:
  Device-1: hidpp_battery_2 model: Logitech M585/M590 Multi-Device Mouse
    charge: 10% (should be ignored) status: discharging
  Device-2: hidpp_battery_3 model: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K230
    charge: 100% (should be ignored) status: discharging

Solaar:

20% Mouse
90% Keyboard

The power level is not correct.
Lately I changed the original Battery from Logitech with a Duracell®. They are famous to be good. But it not took long the error got back.
Ok i will put brand new batteries and give feedback if the error disappears, and I will monitor how long it takes to come up again.

I changed the Unifying dongle and paired new. Now it shows:

Battery:
  Device-1: hidpp_battery_6 model: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K230 charge: 100%
    (should be ignored) status: discharging
  Device-2: hidpp_battery_7 model: Logitech M585/M590 Multi-Device Mouse
    charge: 55% (should be ignored) status: discharging

I will also observe If the error shows the correct error (Mouse instead of Keyboard)

It seems possible that the dongle itself could be at fault, though I have never seen a failure there. Battery power has always been the only issue I have seen.

I think the latest notification was related to the trackball but am not 100% certain. I know that in the past it always was related to keyboard even when the trackball needed recharged.

Are you still on F39? As mentioned above I am on F40 without take the dongle off and plug it in again I can not use the mouse … after a suspend/black screen.

No, I am on f40.
2 complete sets of dongle, keyboard, & trackball. One on my desktop and one on my laptop and both are very stable and have been for years.

I even switch the dongles occasionally between desktop and Pi, or between laptop & media server. Mostly on the desktop and laptop though.

1 Like