[Kernel] Laptop keyboard not working after suspend on kernel 6.6.13

Problem

After updating to kernel 6.6.13 my keyboard stops working after suspend

Cause

Kernel 6.6.13. More specifically, this commit.

Related Issues

Bugzilla issue #2260517
bugzilla.kernel.org report: #218424

Workarounds

Downgrade to 6.6.12.

I excluded kernel 6.6.13 from installing (but in general be careful when updating, you don’t want to lose 6.6.12!):

sudo dnf versionlock exclude kernel\*-6.6.13

Thanks. I’ll keep this as Proposed for the moment, and if it turns out to be affecting lots of people, we can promote it to Common Issues .

Can you please file a bug in https://bugzilla.redhat.com against kernel, so that that the Fedora maintainer is informed about this problem? Add a link to your description afterwards, thanks.

Thanks! I’ve added the link above.

Hello, humans! I’m trying to help, but am confused. Something about FEDORA-2024-c5ff48d3d3 has been posted by the update system to #2260517 on Buzilla, but I don’t understand it.

Probably my code needs to be updated so I understand what to do.

Fixed in 6.7.4 which has been posted as an update…

A candidate fix for this issue has been submitted to the updates-testing repository for testing. If you are experiencing this problem, please help test this update and then report to Bodhi if it solves the problem — or not!

To install this update on your system, run this command: sudo dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing update --advisory=FEDORA-2024-3ca09cc1a0

Hello, humans! I’m trying to help, but am confused. Something about FEDORA-2024-3ca09cc1a0 has been posted by the update system to #2260517 on Buzilla, but I don’t understand it.

Hello, humans! I’m trying to help, but am confused. Something about FEDORA-2024-c5ff48d3d3 has been posted by the update system to #2260517 on Buzilla, but I don’t understand it.