Kernel 6.9.5 fails to boot

With reference to Kernel 6.9.4 is unbootable on my system - #12 by im-crying-qwq;

I had implemented the recommended solution by adjusting with grubby --remove-args=“initcall_blacklist=simpledrm_platform_driver_init” for all grubby boot options back to kernel 6.8.8-200. Those preceeding 6.8.8 requires this boot option to be retained for boot to be successfull.

With the update today to kernel 6.9.5, I had the same boot failure which can be corrected by editing out the boot option “initcall_blacklist=simpledrm_platform_driver_init”. Given the above link I was surprised it was there.

Given the solution is there a reasons why Fedora is still in it’s update retaining that boot option?

If this is a issue specific to desktops hardware such as specific nvidia cards, is there a way to get install to remove it automatically on my system during updates so kernel 6.9.5+ does not fail to boot in future?

Should this be submitted as an official bug?

Issue resolved (permanently?) by editing /etc/default/grub and removing the kernel option from GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX followed with update

grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Documented this for other users who are likely to come across this issue.
Sorry to bother you/Fedora.

Fedora does not put that option in the command line. When it was needed I had to add it myself, and later had to remove it myself. Thus it seems you may have added it yourself, then failed to remove it.

The command you gave grubby --remove-args=“initcall_blacklist=simpledrm_platform_driver_init” will fail because you did not include the additional part here.
grubby --kernel-update=<kernel version> --remove-args=“initcall_blacklist=simpledrm_platform_driver_init”
<kernel version> can be replaced with ALL to modify all installed versions or a specific version in the format given by ‘uname -r’

It is a problem in the way you did it because since the grubby command, as given here, would not do anything, the change was not made in the file /etc/default/grub. That meant the option remained for all following kernel updates.

Now that you have edited that file and removed the option all future updates will not see that option.

Just so you are aware. Fedora with updates does not modify anything in the /etc directory tree after the initial installation is complete.