It's time to update the main Fedora website!

The visuals were created completely new for the 2019 revamp and are not 7 yrs old either -

But yeh its a brochure style site. However, it was designed with expansion in mind (along the lines of what we’d discussed.)

4 Likes

Do we have any resident SEO experts around?

1 Like

I talked to some from Red Hat’s web team several years ago – I’m sure they’d be happy to talk to us again as we go through this.

2 Likes

Great idea! Whenever I’m getting someone new started I end up giving them a list of URLs each with an explanation of what’s there. Yes, they figure it out, but it doesn’t flow smoothly. It would be nice if there was a path from the new front door for new people who are past the “hello world” phase of getting started to help them find things like Ask, Discussion, Planet, and Blog.

3 Likes

as this is happening I am hoping that link to the Updated respins can be included as well

4 Likes

I’d want to point out that having a dark mode would be nice.

I would like to volunteer to help with the design, since I am someone that takes design very seriously. However, I’m a bit limited in time, but I would still love to contribute!

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: A note on “discussion.fedoraproject.org” URLs in posts

+1 for dark mode which should also preferably be automatically set via the CSS prefers-color-scheme property.

3 Likes

Yep, besides that, other Fedora Project websites are pretty fragmented.

1 Like

Is there a preview or something? If not, is there a place we can get started?

2 Likes

What if we started using the fedoralinux.org domain more widely? That could clarify the current situation a lot.

4 Likes

@mattdm @bcotton

Folks are coming back from holiday vacation still — please hold off on pings. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but let’s please also temper it with some patience. :slight_smile:

The key places to follow are:

Update on this project?

1 Like