Introduction (for Fedora Magazine) - Arman Arisman

Hi, everybody. My name’s Arman from Indonesia.

I’ve been using Fedora since Fedora 32 until now. I just joined the fedora community about a month ago. I’m actively translating Fedora documents into Indonesian. And also learning how to work in the design team and sig-i3 group.

Honestly I have no background in computer. But I want to share my experience using Fedora through my writing. And also my experience doing activities in fedora community. How do i get started?

Thanks and regards,

1 Like

Hi Arman and welcome to the forum!

I think you just did. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have an idea that you would like to write about, post a new topic here in this forum with a brief description and the editors will vote on whether they think it would be a good article for the Fedora Magazine (you just need two +1’s).

Thanks for contributing!

Hi, @glb . Thanks for your reply.

I’ve been active in the Fedora community since last month. I just read this Getting access :: Fedora Docs

And I am interested in getting involved in writing for Fedora Magazine.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to post a topic in this forum :slight_smile:

Hi, @glb .One question. Do I have to select Magazine in the category options? Or I choose a category according to my topic?

Yes, please select he Magazine category. It is the one that the Fedora Magazine editors monitor.

Noted. Thanks.

Hi, @glb . I haven’t written in Fedora Magazine in quite a while. Now I’m back and a bit confused about moving from Taiga to Pagure. Can you help me?

All we use Pagure for is it’s kanban board. It is a very minimal version of what Taiga had and it can be accessed here: Board articles - fedora-magazine-newsroom - Pagure.io

One limitation from Taiga is that you cannot move the cards between the columns yourself. You will have to ask editors to do it for you by leaving comments on the cards.

HTH,
gb

Thanks, @glb . How can I write again? Propose a topic here like I usually do?

Yes, @armanwu submit the proposal here as before. The process is not that much different. The current process is described starting here.

Let us know if you have any questions.