Introduction and article proposal: Setting up Wireguard in Fedora

Hi everyone !

I’m Maurizio. I’m from Italy and I’ve been using Linux more than two decades. I read Fedora Magazine on a regular basis and now I would like to start contributing to it writing a few articles. My first article proposal is about how to set up a fast, secure and lightweight VPN in Fedora using Wireguard.

1 Like

Welcome, @malgnuz! We ran a WireGuard article in 2019. Can you describe what has changed since then or how your article would be different?

1 Like

Hi Ben ! Well, WireGuard is already available at fedora-updates instead of copr like it’s described in the last article and I also wanted to write in the new article about how to configure the wireguard interface permanently using NetworkManager.

That makes sense. +1 from me. Once another editor gives it a +1, they will create a card on our kanban board and you can get started.

+1 @malgnuz I’ve created kanban card 303. Please login to teams.fedoraproject.org . That will enable us to assign you to the card.

There is information about contributing as a writer that might be helpful. That site also describes the editorial workflow.

Thanks for contributing!

1 Like

Thank you @bcotton @rlengland. Looking forward to be assigned to kanban card 303

@malgnuz have you logged in to teams.fedoraproject.org with your FAS account? That is necessary for us to assign the card.

Yes @rlengland and I can see the kanban and the card 303 as well.

@malgnuz I suspect that you may not have completed your FAS profile

https://accounts.fedoraproject.org/user/malgnuz/

since your email address doesn’t appear to be available. We need that to add you to the card. Can you investigate that please?

@malgnuz you will also need to agree to the Fedora Project Contributor Agreement before we can run the article. That will be part of completing your profile.

Thank you @bcotton @rlengland. I think it was the FPCA that was missing.

Great! I added you to the team as an author and assigned card 303 to you.