Introducing Myself - John Boero

Hi hi Fedora!
My name is John Boero alias JohnnyB or BoeroBoy. I was a Platform Consultant for Red Hat 2012-2016 out of Chicago and I now live in London currently working for HashiCorp. I’m still a Red Hat lover and an avid Fedora dev. I blog on Medium but I’ve put off joining Fedora Magazine for far too long.

Lately in COVID lockdown I’ve been playing with the SolidRun Honeycomb Arm dev board with F33 and I’d like to put together a post on my findings and caveats. I’ve also had other ideas but just need to break the ice. I’ve seen the Kanban board and I would like to put something together in the next month or two if I may. @pbrobinson permitting of course.

Cheers
JohnnyB

2 Likes

Welcome John. I’m looking forward to your articles.

+1 to your F33 on Honeycomb article. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/?p=9562&preview=true

Looks like you put it in the Community Blog. You should put it in the Magazine WordPress instance instead.

If you haven’t yet, please log in to teams.fedoraproject.org and I’ll assign you to the card I just created.

Hi @boeroboy. I see that you wrote another article on the Fedora Magazine site.

Is this something that you want to get published? If so, please post a new topic about it here on this forum and the editors will vote on it. If it gets two +1’s, then we can get it edited and published.

Thanks.

Hi Gregory
Strange the link you posted above is actually 404. Was that the post about the automatic webcam light? It’s fine but I didn’t see any activity on my draft so I gave up and posted it to Medium instead. Sorry the first post I made went through fairly smoothly without any of that so I figured nobody was interested in the second post.

John

Yes, it is the webcam article. I think you have to sign in to the WordPress site before that preview link will work.

For your earlier post, I gave it a +1 here on this thread and, although Ben wasn’t explicit about it, his approval was the other plus one. The important part is the Taiga card. Those cards are what we actually track for scheduling articles. Since your second post didn’t have a card, the editors weren’t aware of it. Sorry about that.

It’s up to you if you would still like to see the webcam light article published on Fedora Magazine. It just needs to go through the normal process to get published.

Thanks.

Ah no worries. I understand better for next time.
Thanks!
John

@boeroboy I’ve created Taiga card #345 for your webcam article and assigned it to you. If you feel it is ready for review, change the status in Taiga to “Review” and one of the editors will take a look at it and we will proceed.

Thanks for writting!