Introduce yourself!

Hello,
my name is Patrick Frank, I am 46 years old and live in Germany.

Using computers (mainly desktops) is a hobby and maybe a passion, too. For sad reasons I am not enjoying to search for proper algorithms to all kinds of problems. It ruins my mood. For me, a computer is a tool that supports me in my attempt to interact with other humans. For example, showing a feature of a software to somebody who is well receiving. That is great fun for me.

I don’t think that my mental health situation and my skills allow, that I become a contributor or developer. In certain moods I even doubt that I qualify to be an admin of my own computers. I hope most people are able to tolerate my ways. When not then please drop me a message with your feedback :smile:

Happy times,
Paddy

6 Likes

Hi, my name is Ralf. I’m from Germany, and already posted some stuff on other Fedora channels, without introducing myself, so I assume a short introduction is appropriate.
I’m currently tinkering around with some older computers and servers, trying to build something useful. I’m enjoying the different channels that help me in building a useful infrastructure but soon realized that it will take more time that I planned.

I have some programming experience in C++ and C#, and trying to improve here, but right now, time and quietness is quite lacking, so I’m more occupied with administration. To be honest, there is more than enough to do, and if I ever will finish my work…(that’s really too far away to think about that)
I’m spending much time in reading developer books or guidelines and unfortunately the time for implementation is lacking very often, but I assume that most people know what I’m talking about.

So far, so good. I will get in touch with topics here from time to time.

Best regards,
Ralf

EDIT: By the way, I think that I don’t understand Inter-process-Communication very well, so, this would be a fantastic area for improvement. I think I have a few books where the subject is described a bit, nevertheless I would be thankful for a reading tip, especially having troubleshooting in mind.

5 Likes