Introduce yourself!

Hello Everyone,

I’m Elliott and I’m a Linux engineer that works with RHEL and Fedora. I’m also interested in containers with Podman and IoT related stuff. You can find me on Ask, Discord, and IRC. Check my profile for my screen names there.

4 Likes

Hi all! I have a diverse career background, including things like forensic accounting and SEO. Now I’m working on a career shift into data science. I’m new to Linux, and found Fedora to work better on my laptop than Ubuntu, and I’m enjoying learning it all! Looking forward to taking back control of my computer!

3 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Tom. I graduated with a degree in Computer Science.
I’ve been working full-time for a year now, mostly the DevOps side of things.
For hobbies I like coding and climbing.

I’ve been using Linux for a good 6 years now (I use Arch btw). Recently been looking at
Fedora CoreOS and Fedora Silverblue, along with rpm-ostree and ostree. Those two are very interesting systems!

4 Likes

Hello All,
My name is Girish Joshi. I’ve been using linux for around 10 years now.
I started using Fedora in 2015 (before that I was using Ubuntu) as my daily driver.

Usually I work with single board computers (IoT stuff).

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

been using Fedora for more than 10 years I think, although I’m still learning (and loving it) everyday. Looking forward to being in the forum!

4 Likes

ohh, are you from czech republic? The name sounds like it

1 Like

Hi, my name is Vojtěch, im from tthe Czech republic or Czechia (if you think thats better name, i dont), i love Linux, music, books and learning new things! Im new here even tho i´ve been using linux for 9 years.
Love to meet some awesome people who i can talk with and study this awesome penquin os.

4 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I am Harsh,having 1+ year of experience in using Linux based OS,certified RHCSA on Rhel8.
Want to contribute to feodra project because I am open source enthusiast and very fond of community work. Although not very old or experienced in Open source but started giving priority to it from couple of months.
Sincerely,
Harsh

Let’s Connect :
LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/harsh-mangal
Github: https://github.com/harshmangal1108
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Harshmangal1108

5 Likes

Hello,

I’m Si, my I was used Fedora -> CentOS -> RHEL -> NixOS and now back to Fedora cuz of Silverblue. I have Pinephone now, trying to build hybrid desktop for Mobile + PC like phone.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey There! I’m a 20ish year veteran of Systems Administration, until Novell bought SuSE , I hadn’t used Linux much. Since then I have spent 90% of my days in CentOS \ RHEL installations… My Immediate goal is to remove Windows 10 from my Administrative Desktop using Fedora. I’m hoping to find my way to helping with testing items pertinent to this goal… Remmina being a huge focus for me.
THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!

2 Likes

Hello @condor,
I am late in doing so, but welcome to the community discussion area.

1 Like

Hello @tomleb,
Even though I am doing this a bit late, I welcome you to the community discussion area.

1 Like

Hello @jtremblay,
Weclome to the Fedora community discussion area.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m looking forward to learning more!
JT

1 Like

Howdy! I’m Kyle. I’ve been using Linux as my desktop OS for more than a decade and Fedora for more than half of that. My voice is the sound recording saying “Fedora” in the Fedora 26 wallpaper!

3 Likes

Welcome Kyle! That’s still my favorite wallpaper, I think — although obviously there’s some good competition. I knew the voice was a member of the Design Team, but I didn’t remember who, so thanks for the reminder. People keep thinking it’s me, and I have to remind them that Fedora is not an aristocracy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Voices are meant to be tied to faces – so the association just means you’re doing an excellent job!

2 Likes

Hi people.
My name is Cătălin George Feștilă.
On Fedora Linux community I used the mythcat user and nickname.
More info on my StackOverflow user.
I have many skills and hobbies, like drawing, painting, sports.
You can find me on the web with these nicknames: catafest and mythcat.

3 Likes

I teach economics, 50 years old. Until three years ago I had enough with paper and pencil. But then I realized that much of the computing techniques that twenty years ago were unaffordable were becoming much more handable with Python, which quickly won my appeal. So I decided to learn some computing and tried Fedora (29, I think) two years ago. Now I work with Python, LaTeX and R. I tried Fedora Silverblue (32) early this year. In a word, I am a kid. For this reason I would like to share my experience, specially to many other kids that are bound to face serious trouble should the teaching system keeps ignoring this universe while I try to learn from you. Btw, I am Spanish…and good at maths, so if anyone have any issue like the meaning of an eigenvalue feel free to ask.

4 Likes

Welcome @mythcat and @sanama!

1 Like