Installing workstation on baytrail with 64 arch and 32 uefi issue

I keep getting this error message when installing workstation on baytrail,
"the following error occurred while installing the boot loader. The system will not be bootable. Would you like to ignore this and continue installation. Failed to set new efi boot target. This is most likely a kernel or firmware bug.

Any advice would be great.

Added aarch64

Hello @satcomshop ,
Welcome to :fedora: !
Is this a Chromebook type device? Are you trying to have it dual boot another OS?

Don’t you need a 64 bit uefi to boot a 64 bit kernel?

Hello thanks, this is a Minno tablet that was originally running windows, not trying to do dual boot just Fedora. I tried Ubuntu and had similar problem, it would fully install but I am unable to boot into it, it would just take me to shell window. With Fedora I received the message I put into my issue. It would also fully install but would not boot just as the message told me.

image001.jpg

The fedora install files do have both 64 and 32 bit boot files in EFI folder, with ubuntu I had to manually add but still have the same issue, the program would install just fine but I am unable to boot into it after install.

image001.jpg

Even if it finishes the install, it may not have enough space in the flashram to install all the necessary bootloader info. If you finish the install, and reboot leaving the usb media plugged in, you may be able to mount your installed system to a temporary directory and check to see if it looks okay. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge from 2015 time that I couldn’t get the installer to complete on. It turned out the flash ram is on two chips and a portion of it was filling up with diagnostic files with DUMP in their names. I had to delete these files found in /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/ in order for the bootloader installation to finish successfully. I have never run into this before or since, but it was the only way I could get the install to finish successfully.