Originally published at: Infra & RelEng Update - Week 49 2023 – Fedora Community Blog
This is a weekly report from the I&R (Infrastructure & Release Engineering) Team. It also contain updates for CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team as the CPE initiatives are in most cases tied to I&R work.
We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 04 December – 08 December 2023
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
- Noggin fix: Registration form refuses to work with capital letters
- Reissue rabbitmq certificate for centos-stream-robosignatory
- Fix: email to email@example.com partially bounces
- Creation of Matrix room for new SIG “Music & Audio”
- Fixed: koschei not processing packages correctly / not resolving dependencies
- Fixed: Can not connect to rdu-cc lab over ipv4 from some locations
- Fixed: Newly created email alias for firstname.lastname@example.org is bouncing back
- IPA deployment migrated to RHEL 9 on staging
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- Fix: Duffy seems to be inaccessible from CentOS CI OCP
- Update mock in CentOS Stream in koji to match Brew
- Move the aarch64 composes tests/workload to different host
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
- Reported installation/update bugs for awscli and arch-install-scripts in EPEL 8/9
- Fixed fail-to-install bug for breeze-icon-theme-devel in EPEL 9
- Rebuilt OpenImageIO in EPEL 9 Next due to rebased LibRaw in CentOS 9
Matrix Native Zodbot
With ongoing stability issues with the Matrix <-> IRC bridge and many contributors switching over to Matrix, zodbot has become increasingly unreliable. The bridge is currently shut off completely. This initiative will provide a future proof solution and allow us to conduct meetings without wasting time troubleshooting the bridge and zodbot.
- Matrix-bots development environment is updated to work pretty much OOTB. Also deploys mote / meetbot so we can test meeting logs rendering a lot better
- More bugfixes and a handful of RFE’s for maubot-fedora in the works. Including better output for pagure.io tickets and bugzilla bug commands. Planning to push out a new release later this week.
- Create fedora-messaging schema for meetbot and use it in meetings
The ARC (which is a subset of the CPE team) investigates possible initiatives that CPE might take on.
- Dist-Git decoupling & ecosystem mapping
- Fedora Packagers interactions with dist-git added
List of new releases of apps maintained by CPE
- Minor update of Fedora Maubot from 0.2.1 to 0.3.0 on 2023-12-05
- Minor update of The New Hotness from 1.2.4 to 1.3.0 on 2023-12-05