I can't post comments in Fedora Magazine articles

Hi dear community!

I love to read Fedora Magazine so I can be informed of the Linux and Fedora world, but when I leave a comment nothing happens. The comment is never posted. I know that the comments need to be reviewed, but it seems that mine are never reviewed because as time goes by I never see my comments.

What could happen? Why is this happening?

Thanks all.

It appears that your account/IP (?) is being flagged as a source of spam.

Thanks for the reply.
As you see, I’m a real person, I’m not a spam bot.
The only thing I want to do is to participate in Fedora Magazine articles. How can I do that? What can I do to stop being considered “spam” ?
Thank you!

Hi Edier. I searched for and found and approved a couple of your previous posts that were still in the Fedora Magazine spam bin. But manually searching through all of those spam messages isn’t practical.

I don’t know why your messages are being flagged as spam or how to stop it.

Maybe you could file an issue with the Fedora infrastructure team?

Link: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues

1 Like

You can report using the above from to report if you think Akismet is catching your comments by mistake.

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks both. You’re too nice.
I will do that and see what happens.

Hi Fung Chi Chuen and Gregory Lee, I hope you’re fine.
The people of Akismet sent me a message saying that they weren’t flagging me as spammer and they say that Fedora Magazine was the one who was doing that. I attach the message here below. Do you know what I can do to remove that flag?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for messaging so late, I was really busy the last weeks.

1 Like

Your most recent comment appears to have gone through without being automatically filed in the spam bin. I’m guessing that Akismet has been retrained to not mark your messages as spam because I manually unflagged a couple of your earlier posts. That’s all I’ve done anyway. If there is something more that I need to do. Let me know.

2 Likes

Try comment on a new article and see if it can go through.

If it can, then all should be fine.

Thank you guys.
I’m posting comments without problems right now. I appreciate your help!

2 Likes