How to get Extra! Extra! badge?

I was looking at the Badges testimonials topic. t0xic0der posted a link to his badges. He has the Extra! Extra! badge for contributing to Fedora Magazine. How does one get that? I’ve contributed two articles. Is it new or was my account not linked properly to get the award? I’ll a new article if needed.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the badges system is somewhat broken. As I understand it, people have to log into the badges system with their FAS account at least once before they can be awarded badges. And even then, I think the automated awarding is broken depending on how old your account is. However, I can manually award you the badge once I know that you need me to do so. I can take care of that right now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually, I just looked up the hit count for a couple of your Fedora Magazine contributions and I found that you were eligible for the clickbait level 1 (1 thousand clicks) and clickbait level 2 (5 thousand clicks) badges as well. Thanks for promoting Fedora! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. Still need a bunch of more badges to catch up with t0xic0der. That will have to wait for another day. (Looks like clickbait 3 and editor are the only magazine ones left for me to get.)

I’m afraid there’s a multitude of failing badges at the moment. I, for one, have not been awarded Baby Badger, Copr Build I nor Koji Success I. That’s just a few examples of badges I’m sure of qualifying for. There’s probably more that I don’t even know of.

On the other hand, this week I have been awarded the entire :frog: series of badges in non-chronological order.

Bottom line: the backend needs to be fixed. It has not been looked after for quite some time. On the upside, there seems to be momentum building for getting this into shape again. I have offered my help. Currently, I’m still trying to get acquainted with how the system works. Hopefully, badge assignment will soon be automated again, so people will see badges they qualify for.

Hello @gui1ty ,
try making a comment here … Magical Experimental Fedora Badges Topic!

Thank you for that link. That looks like it will fix people’s badges. But I will hold back for now, otherwise I have nothing left to explore in the backend in a while. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it is something more for this forum and ask.fp.o too. You’re correct about the state of badges. AFAICT, it is in need of someone willing to take it both technically, and marketable wise forward. I’d be willing to help.

The more the merrier! :partying_face:

I’m currently looking into the technical part (early stage) together with @erolkeskin. I think the marketing part is a different story all together, even though they depend on each other.

Which part would you be interested in?

Either/both

I will keep you posted and let you know as soon as things materialize.

There’s a mailing list and IRC channel, which have been awfully quiet. But keep an eye on it. We have to reach out to people somehow. But it may just as well happen here in a discussion. There are several ongoing already.