How do I dual boot fedora 30?

Same thing as the title

Fedora 30 hasn’t been supported in a long time. If you’re installing fresh, take version 39 which was released recently. On PC hardware, it should install a bootloader which allows dual booting into your other OS.

2 Likes

Thank you. I was able to figure it out previously, which made me feel stupid because I figured it out by myself after I posted it.

Just got one more question? Why is the Fedora installer allocating way less space than I tell it to? Like, I’ll type in 20 GB, and it’ll allocate 2.63 GB

Which spin of Fedora are you installing?
How much space did you free up from windows before trying to install fedora?
Fedora cannot use more space than is available and unallocated. If doing an automatic install it will use the full amount of the available space.
What file system are you using, and what folder are you assigning it to?

~60-62 GB is what I shrunk from my Windows 7 partition. I’m trying to do the LXDE spin since it’s the lightest. I’m only on 1 GB of RAM

I just input the mount (/, /home, /boot, biosboot, swap). When I tried the GNOME version, it worked fine.

What I’m tryna figure out is why there isn’t just an Install alongside Windows 7 button like in older versions of Elementary OS and Linux Mint

This is only for use when using legacy install with MBR booting It is never needed AFAIK to be created manually.

Since you now say you are using windows 7 (six posts into the thread) I see why you would be using legacy boot. Win7 does not support uefi booting.

Once again, the auto install would create the partitions for you and with only 1 GB RAM you probably do need a swap partition.

Note that if you provide as much information as possible at the very beginning it simplifies the task of analyzing the problem and providing a reasonable solution. We then would not need to dig info a tidbit at a time to create the big picture.

Fedora is not Mint, or Elementary. Installers are different. Fedora does not need a separate install method for dual booting since as long as the OS is there fedora recognizes it and in most cases just works for dual booting.