High dpi monitor; would like to use xcircuit or qucs to draw circuit diagram; ICONS TOO TINY to use

I have a high dpi 4K monitor;
I would like to use xcircuit or qucs to draw circuit diagram;
QUESTION: For both the icons are way too tiny to use;

I am using fedora 39; gnome on wayland;
In gnome I have window scaling set to 200%;

I tried using xrandr:

$ echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
wayland
$ screens=( $(xrandr | awk '$2=="connected"{print $1}') )
$ echo $screens
HDMI-1
$ xrandr --output HDMI-1  --scale 0.5
# and 
$ xrandr --output HDMI-1  --scale 2

I also tried experimenting with

QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR [boolean] enables automatic scaling, based on the monitor's pixel density. This won't change the size of point-sized fonts, since point is a physical measurement unit. Multiple screens may get different scale factors.
QT_SCALE_FACTOR [numeric] defines a global scale factor for the whole application, including point-sized fonts.
QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS [list] specifies scale factors for each screen. This won't change the size of point-sized fonts. The environment variable is mainly useful for debugging, or to work around monitors with wrong EDID information(Extended Display Identification Data).

etc but nothing worked shucks;

of course if anyone has another circuit design program that would be a temporary fix !!! :smile:

Meanwhile I’m looking into Eagle program !!! But still hope to use qucs and qucs-s please.

You may want to try running in an xorg session, when you log in click on the cog to the bottom right and select gnome on xorg.

This is really only a workaround until the program is ported to wayland or the xwayland scaling issues are sorted out.

1 Like