I have a very strange behavior on my Dell XPS 9700 laptop.
- The internal audio (speaker) works perfectly fine
- The 1.5mm jack plug from my USB-C adapter (HDMI output) also works fine
- When I use the internal 1.5mm jack, both headphones and mic do not work
But here is the thing:
- Headphones and mic are detected normally (plugged or unplugged)
- Audio levels work as expected (gauges move along with the sound), but no sound can be heard
- This is a new problem. Until then, headphones + mic were working perfectly fine.
What I tried:
- I tried with different devices (speakers, other headphones). Same issue.
- I booted on Windows to check if it could be a hardware issue. Negative! Everything works on Windows as expected.
- I checked on alsamixer and pavucontrol but everything seems normal
Bottom line is: everything indicates that my headphones work but no sound goes out!
This is the output from alsa-info.sh:
Any idea how to fix this?